Reply 1988's Hyeri is girl from Korea Times' comments section

I was reading an article over on the Korea Times about the next moves for the stars of the very popular and recently-finished Korean TV drama "Reply 1998" (응답하라 1988) or "응팔" for short. At the bottom I notice a familiar face in the KT's always-classy comments section:
 
Hye Ree, encouraging me to reach for the stars and post the best comment on the KT

Well I'll be damned. I've seen this box for years now, and it didn't dawn on me until tonight that this is the same "Girls Day Hye Ree." It's the same girl: now she goes by the spelling Hyeri, but is still a member of Kpop group Girls Day in addition to having acted in Reply 1988. 

I was curious about what era that photos is from, because it's Sunday night and hey I don't have work in six hours, right? Biggest size I could find was this:


Looks a bit weird. Like her dress was just drawn on in Microsoft Paint. But that was big enough to lead me to what looks like the original of that shot:

Heyri from the "Everyday" promo. Image: Girls Day Daily

Huh, well there we go. This photo apparently came from the promo material for Girls Day's mini album "Everyday". Wikipedia tells me it was released in 2011. So I'm guessing that around 2011 is when the face of Hyeri, or "Hye Ree," started gracing the end of every KT article. 

If you're interested in Hyeri, check our her official Instagram, or this exhaustive fan-made tumblr that has a lot of shots of her from back in the day, or this pictorial that you shouldn't look at while at work. 



Comments