Links: 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics edition

A bit overdue, but here's a special #Pyeongchang2018 edition of links for your information and pleasure. No fluff about sports or events. Just certain things I found useful or noteworthy.


Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic official emblem.gif
Image: PyeongChang Organizing Committee for the 2018 Olympic & Paralympic Winter Games - http://www.pyeongchang2018.com/horizon/eng/page/sub02/sub02_01.asp, Public Domain, Link

Live streams of the Olympic events


Within Korea, both Naver and Daum are offering free live streaming coverage of events. To me this is easier. Although the commentary is in Korean, you don't need to bother with a VPN or dodgy stream. Plus don't have to hear a lot of hot air.

Note that for Naver's feeds, the lower resolution is provided with no login/plug-ins necessary. Good enough for me to cast to my Chromecast and keep it on in the background. For the higher resolutions, you'll need their provided plug-in (desktop) or else the Naver TV app (mobile). Daum feeds need Flash player.

Other useful links for streaming:

GenieTalk: the app that just won't die


Useful Travel links


Some tech stuff


Wholesome Olympics stuff


Awkward Olympics stuff


This guy

Winter 2018 PyeongChang

 Plus you can see all my own Pyeongchang Olympics related posts here:

I'll keep this post updated if anything else catches my eye.

Comments