Links for Nov 2017

It's time for another link round-up. Stuff I was interested in this month.


Links for November 2017


Tech stuff



Welcome back, North Korea Tech!



This Korean life





Google vs. Naver / Int'l Internet stuff



Pyeongchang 2018 Olympics stuff



Juicy clickbait



Honorable Mention


Nagoya is not necessarily a popular city for tourists. World War II (1939-45) left the city with few historic landmarks and other interesting traces of the past, putting the city at a major disadvantage in terms of attracting visitors. Over decades, the city developed a reputation for its soullessness, with one local paper even calling it "the most boring city in Japan."
Why visit Nagoya? Why not?

That has got to be one of the best headlines I've seen. Flawless logic. Why visit? Why not? Well shoot, you got me there! Bonus points for what I will call "clever use of reverse psychology" in the opening paragraphs. I clicked, didn't I?


Thanks for reading. See you next month.

Comments