Facebook wants you to vote in Korean election

Facebook put an item in my newsfeed today reminding me to do my duty and vote in the upcoming Korean presidential election (which is Tues., May 9, 2017 and is a holiday for most people).

Facebook's reminder to vote in the 19th Korean Presidential election

The two options there are to share the election pledges (L) and to learn more about them (R). The share option didn't work for me (perhaps because I was browsing mobile, not via the app) but the right worked, linking to http://policy.nec.go.kr/ where you can view nice infographics about the candidates and their positions. 

Sadly I am ineligible to vote, but thanks anyway Zuck. 

By the way, Korea has not had 19 different presidents - they just count each individual term. So although there will have been 19 'terms served' some candidates served more than once (whether by legitimate vote or otherwise). By that counting, Donald Trump is serving as the 58th presidential winner, though he's president #45. 

Comments